News and Announcements
- New this year is the to have parents sign up to attend a meet. You can do this by clicking on the calendar event or responding to the event email.
- Please make sure your contact information is up to date on your profile and anyone (parent or other) will need to “join” the team in order to attend the meets.
- Each runner is limited to 2 spectators at each event.
- Volunteers are needed for each event, including this Thursday. Please sign up by using the “Sign Up Genius” link to the left.
- Notes are available in the calendar event about the meet.
- A map of the race is posted in the document section.
Welcome to the 2020 XC Season, The parent meeting is tonight at Sunshine Park Pavilion at 6:30 PM.
- Runners are encouraged to attend because there will be team bonding in small groups.
- Samples of the apparel will be available with order forms. Please bring your checkbook if you wish to complete the form tonight.
- Coach Clark will go over general information about the season, new requirements and practice/meet expectations.
- All documents and forms for the meeting tonight have been uploaded to the website,
Hope to see you there,
Andover XC Booster
The season will kick off on Monday, August 17th with the first practice at the High School. Athletes will not be able to use the lockers, so please come dressed for practice. The remaining of the week’s practices are posted on the calendar and will be updated as the schedule comes out.
Tuesday, August 18th – August Booster Club meeting.
Wednesday, August 19th- Parent Meeting at Sunshine Park
Saturday, August 22nd- Time Trials at Oakview
Thursday, August 27th- First meet of the season
Thursday, September 10th- Heggies orders are due
Check the calendar for details. Several items are tentative and will be updated as Coach Clark receives information.
More about the booster club, they still have a couple of open positions for the 2020 season and will need several new members for the 2021 season. Many of the booster club positions are held by parents who have runners that are seniors this season. If you are interested, it would be a great time to attend a meeting and see what it is all about. Current positions: Treasurer and Vice President. Open positions for the 2021 Season: President, Vice Present (unless filled this season), Communications/website, Social Media/Photographer & Banquet.
- To gain access to the full website and be able to receive text alerts and schedule reminders you will need to “Join” the team page if you have not already.
- Runners are encouraged to also join the website so they can receive the same alerts, subscribe to the calendar and receive reminders.
- You can sync the calendar so you have up to date information.
- This will be the main place to post and download pictures. Anyone can add pictures and/or videos to share with the team.
We look forward to a great 2020 season and welcome new runners to the team!
A summer training program has been approved for Andover XC! The running program is designed to meet the endurance, strength and speed requirements of all athletes for any sport. All levels are welcome to join. Andover XC will continue to follow the MSHSL and School District regulations with COVID-19, all training will be completed outdoors and athletes will be placed in small groups of 8-10 runners.
• Cost: $100 (make checks payable to Andover Cross Country).
As an introduction first time cross country runners: $75
• Practices will be from 8:30 AM – 10:15 AM Monday – Friday at Lions Park across from Bunker Park
•Clinic starts Monday, June 15th and goes until August 7th.
• No contact day – Friday, July 3rd
• Carpooling is not recommended, runners will need to find their own transportation.
Questions: Email to email@example.com
• Pace/Running watch
• Water bottle
• Exercise band (closed loop green or heavier resistance)
• Optional Face Mask for warm ups
Please let Coach Clark know if your runner plans to attend by June 12th so he can get a head count of runners. A Registration form will be sent out shortly and can be turned in at the first practice.
Runners and Parents,
After listening to the Governor’s update it appears there may be some hope that we will be able to have some form of summer training. We are hoping that we will be able to hold practices, our next step will be looking at some options if the ten person limit remains in place and making plans for what we can do if this is not the case. I would like to have definitive answers, however we will have to wait for additional information before coming out with a plan.