News and Announcements
Congratulations Coach Clark and Coach Birkmeier!! We could not be more grateful for two of the best coaches who put their heart and soul into these kids!! Your support, guidance and dedication to them is incredible! It goes way beyond “coaching”. You have taught the value of hard work and dedication. You have helped not only to shape them as athletes, but also all around better people as they head into the real world. Thank you for all you do!! We all truly appreciate you both!!
Wednesday November 1st-Practice will be held at the High School, not Lions Park.
Here is the schedule for next week
Monday – Andover HS
Tuesday – Andover HS & Uniform turn in day and survey!
Wednesday – Lions park 3:15
Thursday – Andover HS
Friday – Boys team and Julia to state course preview bus leaves at 11:30
Saturday – State meet, boys at 10:00 and girls at 10:45 with bus leaving Andover at 7:30
Here is additional info for the state meet:
Saturday: Bus leaves at 7:30; Boys run at 10:00; Girls run at 10:45
VIDEO TAPING POLICY: PARENTS of runners may videotape the state meet if:
1. the tape is not for commercial use; and
2. the camera is not obstructing the view of others and it is a handheld camera. Tripods and other
camera stands will not be allowed into the meet.
CAMERA POLICY: Spectators are not permitted to bring cameras into League State Tournament venues. This includes both still and video cameras. Camera tri-pods/mono-pods and “selfie sticks” are NOT allowed.
STREAMING: All six races and each award ceremony will be streamed. Go to nspn.tv/MSHSL for details.
SOUVENIR MERCHANDISE AND TOURNAMENT PROGRAMS: Tournament merchandise will be available for sale on Friday and Saturday in a tent near the start line. Digital tournament programs are available at no charge on the League web site. Go to www.mshsl.org/programs to download copies.
SPECTATOR PARKING & SHUTTLE SERVICE: Spectator parking is free of charge and will be available on race day at the MN State Fair Lot “Block 55” at 1680 Como Avenue, across the street from the MN State Fair Coliseum. Shuttle Parking Lot Map
• Spectators should plan to arrive at the shuttle parking lot at least 60 minutes prior to the start of the race(s) they wish to see.
• Shuttle service to and from the golf course and the parking lot will be provided from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm on race day. The shuttle pickup and drop off points will be posted with large “Shuttle Stop” signs.
• Spectator Parking is NOT ALLOWED on site at the golf course and there is limited street parking near the venue. Security will be at each entry point of campus and will only admit buses and team vans with official parking passes, and vehicles with a current disability permit or license plates.
Attached is also a map
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the boys team for placing FIRST at sections and heading to state!!
Tyler Flippen, Aidan Gomes, Jack Jendro, Johnny Downs, Brandon Board, Carter Stevens, Eli Ahlstrom,
Blake Hinderks amd Joe Beuning,
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Julia Strobel from the girls team also heading to state!!!
WAY TO GO HUSKIES!!