News and Announcements
A summer training program has been approved for Andover XC! The running program is designed to meet the endurance, strength and speed requirements of all athletes for any sport. All levels are welcome to join. Andover XC will continue to follow the MSHSL and School District regulations with COVID-19, all training will be completed outdoors and athletes will be placed in small groups of 8-10 runners.
• Cost: $100 (make checks payable to Andover Cross Country).
As an introduction first time cross country runners: $75
• Practices will be from 8:30 AM – 10:15 AM Monday – Friday at Lions Park across from Bunker Park
•Clinic starts Monday, June 15th and goes until August 7th.
• No contact day – Friday, July 3rd
• Carpooling is not recommended, runners will need to find their own transportation.
Questions: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Pace/Running watch
• Water bottle
• Exercise band (closed loop green or heavier resistance)
• Optional Face Mask for warm ups
Please let Coach Clark know if your runner plans to attend by June 12th so he can get a head count of runners. A Registration form will be sent out shortly and can be turned in at the first practice.
Runners and Parents,
After listening to the Governor’s update it appears there may be some hope that we will be able to have some form of summer training. We are hoping that we will be able to hold practices, our next step will be looking at some options if the ten person limit remains in place and making plans for what we can do if this is not the case. I would like to have definitive answers, however we will have to wait for additional information before coming out with a plan.
Thank you runners, parents, family and friends who either cycled or helped out at the Cycle-thon. We appreciate you support and help in fundraising.
Andover XC Booster
Please join the Andover XC team at the 3rd Annual Cycle-Thon Fundraiser!
What: 90 Minute Cycle-Thon
When: Sunday, March 8, 2020
Where: Andover YMCA
Time: 1- 2:30 PM
$35 to reserve a bike, only 25 bikes available.
The XC Booster is looking to fill 2 open positions: Vice President and Treasurer.
- The Vice President will help out the President and may step into the role of President when Matt Fiala’s term is up after next season,
- The Treasurer handles financial transactions, booster club bank account, works to maintain 501©(3) status wit the IRS.
- The Booster meets once a month and helps support the XC team.
Please consider joining us at the next meeting on to see what it is all about and learn more about the open positions.